Redeem the time...

spoke on redeeming the time...our greatest commodity...

The days of our lives... as the sand falls through the hourglass so are the days of our lives

Reality the sand is falling through the hour glass and we are all…
Chasing Daylight…

At one time it was called the Rat Race... or keeping up with the Joneses

Eat work sleep... there's got to be more than life than this...

There is something in every human heart that tells us there has to be something more…

that we were created for a purpose…

Every generation senses an inner longing for purpose, the thought is usually expressed in music…

they state something like 'i don't want to live the way the previous generation lived. I want more, i want to give my life for something that is great...that gives meaning to my existence on plant earth.'

The Who My Generation…'hope I die before I get old'


Neil Young 'I want to burn out, before I rust out.'
My My, Hey Hey.
It's Better to burn out, than to fade away.


Switchfoot Oh Gravity

Burn Out Bright
Does it have to start with a broken heart
Broken dreams and bleeding parts
We were young and world was clear
Young ambition disappears
I swore it would never come to this

The average, the obvious

I'm still discontented down here
I'm so discontented
...
If we only got one try
If we've only got one life
If time was never on our side
Before I die I want to burn out bright

The future is a question mark
With kerosene electric sparks
There's still fire in you yet
Yeah there's still fire in you

Listening to this song as i run on the treadmill at the gym on my stylish ipod and being past 50 I shout inside my heart 'Yeah there's still fire in you yet'...


Why does every generation seek to find significance?
Why is there a resounding intuitive declaration …There’s must be more to life than this.

The answer. God has set eternity in the hearts of men.

He has set boundaries around our lives for a purpose…

the purpose… that we might seek Him… and seeking Him we might find Him…and finding Him we might have life.

Why? He Cares for us…
He wants us to know him and to discover that he has a significant plan for our lives…

He wants us to live a life that is full of passion…
to live lives on purpose…

That’s the reason Rick Warren wrote The Purpose Driven Life

Subtitle What on Earth pause Am I Here For?

the book has sold more books than any other book in history 26 million in 2006… translated in over 56 languages

Why? because there is a common global human heart cry which yearns for a sense of significance and purpose in this life.

Many people come to the realization that they need God when they have come to the end of themselves. some use their intellect in the search, most use their gut feeling and mask the pain through drugs, booze, sex, sports, work, _____________fill in the blank.


Finding God in Christ Jesus, we discover new hopeful possibilities
He can make something out of nothing,
He can give us beauty for ashes,
He can impart a passion into our hearts that propels us into living a new life in a new way... living a life on purpose.

Coming to Him, He changes our destiny, by changing our heart, by giving us a passion and a purpose to live for.


How do we continue to enter into the purposes of God? and How do we continue to be passionate about fulfilling the purposes of God for our lives?

a few steps later posts

No comments: