Redeem the time by:


Discovering who you are and more importantly whose you are...Focus on who you are becoming as he changes you on the inside.

Doing something.

Acts 13:22,36
David was a man after God's own heart ... who after he had served the purpose of God in his own generation he fell asleep.

it's the only generation we have to serve the purposes of God...

Serving requires Action.


Jesus was consumed by His Father's purpose for his life. He was passionate, focused, all consumed by his higher call.


John 4 is a great read...many key principles included in this one chapter here are a few: Jesus's humanity
How to communicate the good news

Progressive revelation

Gifts of the Spirit in action that open a heart

The power of Story
People believing because they heard him for themselves

Jesus's fulfillment came from doing God's will and accomplishing all his will and work.


John 4:31 Meanwhile the disciples were urging Him, saying, "Rabbi, eat." But He said to them, "I have food to eat that you do not know about." So the disciples were saying to one another, "No one brought Him anything to eat, did he?" Jesus said to them, "My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me and to accomplish His work.

Vision comes from a divine-human synergy
where God wills and acts in us,
while we will and act for him.
unknown

People who focus on what could be,
will begin to create what could be.

Laurie Beth Jones

See a need and meet it,
find a hurt and heal it.
Robert Shuler

There is no better way to redeem the time than finding a place to serve others.

Here is part of an email I received this week.

Thanks so much for your message last night . It really helped me and encouraged me . We are the family that last spring came by the church and asked for info about the church because we were moving to the area and my husband is Air Force Reserve and had taken a civillian job that he applied for at the base for his "regular" income . We moved to the area in June and shortly there after we all began attending a service .

Sometime during the summer there was a special speaker who I have forgotten the name of but at one of his services I went down for prayer and Scott prayed over me and in the prayer he prayed that God would use me and my hands to bring healing .

I hadn't told him what area of work I was thinking of going back to school for but God knew and used scott's Prayer as encouragement also .
Since then God has continued to reveal to me that Nursing is where he wants me and more specifically , children . I have felt God telling me to be " HIS Hands and His Feet" to minister to children and their families .

I was discouraged and struggling before I came to the service last night because of a letter that said I should wait til my children were grown and off in college before I should pursue this that they needed me more .


During your message I felt God was telling and reminding me of all the women I had seen already working in these hospitals and raising families too and they were doing both and that they were having a great affect on both their own childrens lives as well as those they tended to that were sick .

I felt the Holy Spirit tell me "WHAT IF ALL OF US WAITED TO USE OUR GIFTS , HOW MANY SOULS WOULD BE LOST DURING THAT WAITING TIME" .


I just wanted to say if you felt like you fumbled around and it didn't run smoothly , the message got thru .

This Church has been a a HUGE blessing already . My husband is currently deployed in Kirkuk , Iraq since January and will return the end of May . The Church and all it has to offer has been a weekly source of strength and encouragement .

My kids have enjoyed the Weds. night programs they are involved in and I have enjoyed the Randsom Heart women's group and the weds, night service as well as the weekend services .
I have even been encouraged by a man and his wife who sit sunday mornings usually in the same area I do and ever since He noticed the "photo pin" I wear of my husband and the a yellow ribbon he has asked me how he is doing and always says he is praying for Him and us . I don't even know if he remember my name and I don't remember his but he always remembers my face and it has been a source of encouragement that he is praying for my family and that we are thought of. It is awesome to be a part of such a wonderful church family . We prayed God would lead us to the right church home when we moved here and HE answered that prayer thru The Dayton Vineyard .

Thanks again to you , Scott and Doug and the rest of the staff and all those that give their time to make The Vineyard work .

her letter sums it up...doing something is now...

This week I’m going to redeem the time by ____________________________.

No comments: