It's Easter Time


One person asked the question, What is the most important part of the life of Jesus?:
A) His birth
B) His ministry on Earth

C) His crucifixion
D) His resurrection
E) His ascension
F) His return?

I personally think there should be an G) All of the above.


The mystery of God come to earth revealed through His Son on earth only doing the Fathers will, and the wonder of kindness, mercy and justice revealed at the cross and the amazing hope being raised by the power of the Holy Spirit is beyond words.

His promised return brings hope.


I remember speaking about this one April...I used a ladder as a prop. I began by sitting on the ladder and talked about the decision in heaven to send Jesus to earth. As I spoke I came down the ladder, and talked about some of what Jesus had done on earth His miracles, His teaching, His serving.

He came to His own but His own did not accept Him they rejected Him. They also crucified Him. I walked back up the ladder and talked about the crucifixion. I stretched out my arms and mentioned He shouted, Father forgive them for they no not what they do.

I came down off the ladder and went under the ladder and talked about being buried in a tomb for 3 days...and how He became victorious and now has the keys of death and hell. He was raised by the power of the Spirit and burst out of the tomb.

I walked out from under the ladder.
I then mentioned that for 40 days He taught His disciples about the Kingdom of God; He instructed them to wait for the Holy Spirit.

I then walked back up the ladder talking about His ascension. While sitting on top of the ladder I talked about how He didn't leave us alone but He poured out the Holy Spirit to empower all believers. I used a small bucket and began to sprinkle out small shinny gold flakes signifying the outpouring of the Holy Spirit. And mentioned we are now living in the hope of His soon return.

For some reason worship was electric at the end of the message.

Today all that Jesus did for me is still a mystery, Holy, real and sometimes overwhelming. This weekend many people all over the world will discover Jesus. I'm praying they will be transformed by the Good News. God came to earth to pay for their sins.

No comments: