sleepless in kettering


here it is 2am...can't sleep...just lying awake thinking...went to a funeral tonight...a lady, a mom, a wife, a friend died this past weekend age 58... she lived life in the fast lane... she slowed down enough to begin to attend the Vineyard...something connected...she became a follower of Jesus and began the journey of life change...

at one point when she needed prayer Doug prayed for her and encouraged her to read Psalm 23...often...

Just last week she phoned pastor on call... David was making return phone calls and she was the last on the list... he phoned and prayed with her... two days later she passed away...

her daughter in law often brought her to church during her last months...

one time when nearing the church she stated, "When I'm at the Vineyard I feel so alive!" and she raised her hands.

I think I can't sleep because my mom died at her age...hey, I'm 56...

I live life in a different fast lane... but it's still pretty fast... always pressing ahead, dreaming, thinking, wondering, changing things, and reaching out...

In the morning 6am I will be heading up to Impact World Tour to encourage the guys and gals toward developing Love In Action... Hoping to band together to reach out to our community on the same day in September.

Nudging our community toward Jesus...

It's part of the great commission to go, to serve, to love and reach those who are like the lady who just died

living life in the fast lane sometimes means slowing down enough to think about what really matters and what am I / we are living my / our life for. Awake in bed, my mind thinking about the great commission, God's eternal purpose for his church, what we are supposed to be about

I'm still convinced life is about knowing God and making Him known. It's focusing on the main and the plain hopefully bringing people toward Jesus Christ before the end of their life.


One thing...at the funeral I was surprised ... my feelings... most of the people were like sheep without a shepherd... lost. I found love and concern rising in my heart... I'm glad David shared the good news and explained in a non religious way that anyone can begin their journey toward Jesus by simply opening up their heart and inviting Him to change their life...

No comments: