Community FunFest






This weekend we will be going to Chevy Chase Apartments in Centerville...Always a great day we are helping the new Vineyard Cross Point...

Amazing how timing is everything...
I didn't have a place to go for July and was letting things bubble, my friend Thom calls it the bubble principle...

What's a bubble principle?...often I have a check in my spirit, or an idea that springs to mind, or a new ministry opportunity that comes to my attention. I've learned over the years to let things bubble, peculate for a while until there is some clarity...


While on vacation I thought about Cross Point and their desire to serve their community...

While pondering, I sensed I should call Bill the pastor and offer to support their first venture into the arena of FunFest...He was positive, so he called the office of the apartments, they liked the idea...so we set it up...
(side note when planning an outreach always go to the location of the outreach to scope out the land, the layout, where to park etc.) We then went to the apartment complex and met the manager, explained what the party looks like and feels like... they were aok and on board for the FunFest...and handed out the 200 flyer's I made to the residents.

Now, Tuesday, I'm in the final planning stages...gathering supplies, cleaning all games, purchasing hotdogs, hamburgers, buns, booking the bouncy castle, ordering groceries from Sam's, purchasing the flat screen tv we raffle, and generally staging the materials for this coming Saturday...

It takes about 10 to 15 hours behind the scenes to pull these events off...


We recruit during the services for about 3 weeks out... 50 people have signed up plus we will have people from Cross Point...It takes min 65 people to pull a FunFest off successfully....(We don't want too many people that make the balance more us than the number of people we serve that feels strange)


Here is a link to the photos we took from the last FunFest...

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=2AbOG7FozZsX0g

No comments: