Yikes!


last week i kicked my trusty ibook cord... I saw my computer fall in slow motion from my TV where I had placed it...as it hit the hardwood floor...my heart sank...sure enough it not only smashed my logic board but damaged my hard drive...our noble friend Vince took the computer home to seek to save some of my info...some was saved most was lost...

Back up...your stuff..

Being the kind of guy I am, i back up often...whew! i thought..so i pulled out the trusty 30 gig hard drive and plugged it in to my new mac book pro...nothing...my heart is now beginning to pump, hands begin to sweat...i attempt to plug it in to my wife computer to test...nothing...now life becomes tense...

Decision...I decided to take the sealed top off the hard drive...plug it in...nothing...so I go for broke and hand spin the drive while plugged in...suddenly...it begins to whirl data shows up... after 2hrs of downloading...I recover about 95% of my 7 years of work at the Vineyard and 5 years work from other places, old notes, thoughts, messages, PowerPoint, Keynote, and Word documents, ITunes, Film etc...

moral of the story...if you're not backing up... better purchases a good hard drive and download all your stuff weekly...I'm heading to best buy today...

No comments: