outward bound


just finished the outreach from the weekend...a snowy day...yet 200 kindness to go bags went out into the community...just starting to receive feed back...
here is a letter...
'I just want to say thanks you for your outreach ministry of 'no strings attached

My sister is practically homebound, is a heart patient/diabetic, is on oxygen 24/7, and it is very difficult for her to get out of her house. She has, on two separate occasions, received a no strings attached gift from your church. The gift came through a member of your church.

I am her sister, we are both Christians, and it really brightened her day to receive this gift. Whoever selected the name of this ministry as “No Strings Attached” is in itself an encouragement to others. I was so impressed the first time she received a gift with the little gift card attached, I thought how wonderful to give to others with no strings attached. That is unconditional love/giving/reaching, etc


in Beginnings, our membership class, each week we give a small group some outreach materials to take out into their community...with instructions to return and give a report. It is fun, upbeat, and stretching for some non-outreach people...the first report will be received next Sunday.

We are planning on a new kick off for 2nd saturday and get on the bus...also, developing an outreach team to help move forward in 2007.


Still meditating on Philippians...One habit i learned from Steve Sjogren is to grab a great fountain pen and write the Bible out longhand. The exercise slows me down on the inside and I somehow see with fresh eyes...

Phil 3 NLT
..I could have confidence in myself if anyone could...If others have reason for confidence in their own efforts, I have more...I once thought all these things were so very important, but now I consider them worthless because of what Christ has done. Yes everything is worthless when compared with the priceless gain of knowing Jesus my Lord.
I no longer count on my own goodness or my ability to obey God's law but I trust Christ to save me, for God's way of making us right with himself depends on faith...as a result I can really know Christ...

reminded me of a song...

Take The World But Give Me Jesus by MATT REDMAN

i've thrown it all away that i might gain a life in you
i've found all else is loss compared to the joys of knowing you
your beauty and your majesty are far beyond compare
you've won my heart now this will be my prayer

take the world but give me Jesus
your the treasure in this life
take the world but give me Jesus
is my cry
now ive seen you as the saviour i will leave the rest behind
take the world but give me Jesus is my cry

into the world i go that i might live this life of love
i wont be overcome for you are in me and you are strong
for time and for eternity i know im in your care
youve won my heart now this will be my prayer

chorus

No comments: