Celebrating life...



last night mac, one of the lead pastors and an author of a few books, spoke on celebrating life because: God is with us, God is in us, God is for us...

Talking about celebrating all of life, not just in the good times, but in the times when life is difficult, draining, depressing, and dangerous.

He quoted Job 22:29
"When you are cast down, you will speak with confidence, And the humble person He will save.

What a great verse considering the context. We can speak with confidence in the midst of our situation because we know God is not finished with us yet and
Rom 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purposethat He causes all things to work for the good.

We can call on Him and
He will hear our prayer.

The humility we need is a humility that chooses to call on Him in the day of trouble. Calling He will hear.

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you the book of James


Psalm 40

1 I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
3 He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord.
4 Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods.
5 Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you;
were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare.


amazing what one thought, one verse does to encourage the heart.

No comments: