digging potatoes

servant:1.a person working in the service of another 2.one who expresses submission, recognizance, or debt to another: your obedient servant. 3. one who serves another




how does a person learn to become a servant...simple...he or she begins to serve.

I remember being in Scotland, just arrived...had a BTH degree...pushing a wheel barrel digging potatoes in a cold damp field to help feed our community of believers...I thought, what am i doing?...i have a degree in theology here i am in a muddy field digging potatoes...no sooner did i think the thought when i sensed a friendly familiar inner impression...'I'm shaking your head knowledge into heart knowledge...as a young jedi, i understood...humbled, i kept digging potatoes with a better attitude...

it seems all my life and where ever i go i keep digging potatoes...i arrive in USA after 18 years of proven ministry...guess what...I had to start all over...i got to dig potatoes in a different field for 18 months...later I moved on to Cincinnati...to travel as a man's... man-servant booking flights, listening, being a friend, carrying bags...digging potatoes...

now I'm serving in Dayton...doing many great, fun, upbeat, touching many lives, digging potatoes things with a great team of fellow potato diggers...

guess what I've discovered? it is the way of a becoming a servant...

after serving, day by day, week by week, month by month and year after year i think I've learned (or am learning) an important lesson...

it's how you serve that really matters, the heart attitude, learning to serve with a willing heart, that is full of genuine love and joy...

It's the realization that we, no i, am no big deal...therefore, those who know they are no big deals are becoming true surrendered servants... who can do anything, small or great, for the glory of God, and to the honor of His name.

how long does it take to become a surrendered servant?
a moment in time, yet, also it takes a life time...most probably you'll find me in my latter years digging potatoes...it's who i am and what i do. it's how I'm learning to become like the Servant King who humbled Himself, came to earth, and reached out to save me... a dirty muddy potato.

No comments: