Out flow



at Starbucks...resting and having a good time in warm weather of Birmingham Al...I think I needed the rest...the 'Grisbos' arrived at the Greers...Patties triplet sisters here...tonight we go out for a special 50 Birthday dinner...amazing being married for 25 years to a great gal...

thinking about the three S's again, revisiting the thinking about the three stages of Discipleship... / servant hood... which is really what Discipleship is all about...knowing God and making Him known...

seeker
surrendered
servant

Seeker...

Lu 11:9

"So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. Jesus

the ask, seek, knock are a written in a continuous present tense...keep on asking...keep on seeking...keep on knocking...consistent, constant, focused, pressing in, believing,

i think in my past i understood this principle much better than i practice now...However, the seeker who lives somewhere deep in side of me is again emerging...a longing to know God...not just knowing about Him but knowing him in a personal way through His son

...Jesus said we can do nothing, nada, zero, zilch a part from him...this means fruitfulness is only realized when I continually seek to stay connected to Him on a moment by moment basis...

Each January I reread Mike Bickles book Passion for Jesus...the best quote: it takes God to know God...His passion for us awakes passion in us...

It is all about Outflow allowing Him to flow in us so we can allow him to flow out of us...this takes time...Pattie and I will begin reading the Sjogren Ping book Outflow in Jan during our mornings together:...
I had the privilege of being one of the creative consultants on the book and on the dvd...some aspects of my journey is in the book ...stories of everyday people I encounter during my days and some Vineyard church people connections...our church really exemplifies the book...there are so many people who are seekers, becoming the surrendered and are emerging as servants...i'm grateful for their encouragement and example...

Seeker:One that seeks: a seeker of the truth...someone making a search or inquiry; "they are seekers after truth" ...
a life long learnee

No comments: