3 S's


Surrendered...

I give up

I give you my life

I quit attempting to save myself

I relax

I enter into His rest

I am confident that He who began a good work in me will complete the work He started

Trust and obey there's no other way to be happy in Jesus than trust and obey...Old Hymn

God's goal when we are captured by His love and will is to fashion us into the image of His Son...this takes a life time of saying yes to His will...

Jesus only did what He saw the Father doing...book of John

He lived the surrendered life...Not my will, but your will be done.. was His constant ambition...

Philippians 2
Don't think only about your own affairs, but be interested in others, too, and what they are doing. Your attitude should be the same that Christ Jesus had. 6 Though he was God, he did not demand and cling to his rights as God. 7 He made himself nothing; he took the humble position of a slave and appeared in human form. 8 And in human form he obediently humbled himself even further by dying a criminal's death on a cross. Because of this, God raised him up to the heights of heaven and gave him a name that is above every other name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

My wife is a living example of someone who surrendered...for most people surrender comes progressively, day by day, moment by moment, year by year..

I returned to the USA after living in Scotland for a few years...I didn't want to put any pressure on her so after a year of writing letters and one month back I asked her to marry me...she being the trooper said yes...then began to realize what the yes meant...

she is a triplet the first to get married...i tease and say i got the pick of the litter...she had to leave her family, church, friends, work and country to follow someone she barely knew...it was a big time moment of surrender...she has traveled with me where ever we are led to go...she lived in Scotland for 16 years...gave up her rights to her relationship with her close family was the most costly...she now lives the surrendered life...

most of us have to chose to give up our lives at some level if we are truly going to follow Jesus...where He leads we must follow...the amazing element... He gives us choice... after seeking or being sought by God we are then moved toward surrender to His will...

Rom 12:1-2 NLT
And so, dear brothers and sisters,I plead with you to give your bodies to God. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice the kind he will accept. When you think of what he has done for you, is this too much to ask? Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know what God wants you to do, and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect his will really is.

After Surrender there is a process of moving toward life long discipleship...becoming a Surrendered Servant

No comments: