to be or not to be?



as a staff we all took the DISC personality profile...it was interesting...the last time i took the test years a go i was an off the chart d c personality...this time and after being back in the good ole usa for 8 years i now chart a s c or a c s personality...i look back and think where did my d go...that part of me that took risks, was assertive, planned well, explored spiritual gifts and faith...

thoughts: 1. I've actually grown in my team player role, one for all an all for one...i'm less confrontive (actually i see it as a potential weakness which i'm now having to adjust, learning to speak the truth in love...

2. i have a patient wife...and patient friends, thanks thom, david, mike, early leaders

3. I've had the snot knocked out of me(a kentucky term) by being part of the USA culture and working for high-off-the-chart un-balanced D personalities or as one writer calls them 'productive narcissist'... in the distant yet near past...not here by the way...

so i think i've changed... i'm more of a compliant person, seeking to mend fences, coach / walk through inevitable conflict...that works sometimes,and sometimes not, help keep / maintain unity, and a maintain clear focus on my job description i.e. ...help others embrace an outward focused life through: life style exampling, creating many opportunities to play in the outreach game, inspirational speaking / story telling and communicating a Biblical perspective...and being more of a people person.

I liked the experience of taking the profile...i like the fact that Jesus is still in the process of conforming me to His likeness and that i'm not finished yet...life has a future...to be or not to be? remains the question

No comments: