April and May are the longest months back to back. April has five Thursdays and May has five Fridays. I somehow find that interesting.
Things that happened in April.
- Traveled with Stephen Bell to a few places encouraging people. This was huge fun and confidence building. He is smart. He always takes people with him where ever he goes. It was an honor to be honored by him.
- Easter Egg hunts, yes plural, were a great success. Hundreds of families showed up at Delco Park. We also launched two small neighborhood sites. Families came, had fun and several were connected to who we are as a church.
- Power and Love is kicking off today. Six hundred people will be learning, growing and heading out into the community. I had a blast helping with the team by gathering people to serve at the school.
- Next week I fly to Pensacola to be with some friends. Globe International is an amazing missionary supporting, sending group. They have a history of long-term missionaries. Some have been on the field for over 20 years, and one family just celebrated their 30th year. This shouts loud to the quality and commitment of the people on the field around the planet and Globes commitment to reach the world. http://globeintl.org/
- My friend Adam Vaughn and family are heading out to Costa Rica just announced to our church family. He and his family are amazing and worth supporting. Trust me, they are worthy of a life changing investment. http://www.thebackwardsmissionaries.com/backwards-missionaries/
- DSSM has been off the chart good this term. We began at a whole new level and have continued to see some amazing God things happen when we come together...seriously amazing!
- Presence had it's second gathering. We lean into Presence, worship, train and go. We headed to UD campus area on Brown St. Some amazing connections. Three ladies knocked it out of the park by their love, kindness and straight-forward-ness with the students.
"Set - ell yer sel" Scottish phrase for calm yourself down, let peace begin to reign in your soul, and mind.
but only one thing is necessary, (to sit at His feet, to worship, and listen, which is the good part that brings peace)
for Mary has chosen the good part,
which shall not be taken away from her." (Luke 10:41-42 NASB)
I'm choosing the way of peace.