Revival Streams


Noticed ... there are many Revival streams... all are different... 

some don't like to mix with other streams... 
some think their brand is the only brand... 
some like to mix... 
some are loving... 
some are antagonistic... 
some believe signs and wonders... 
some do not... 
some think helping the poor short term is a waste of time... 
some think, long term helping the poor out of poverty people, don't care about immediate need... 
some think acts of kindness are pathways to peoples hearts.... 
some think acts of kindness are a marketing tool with no power... 
some think empowering people for life style evangelism is the way... 
some think big meetings is the way... 
some have the attitude our way is the only way... 
some believe prayer... 
some believe action... 
Many believe their version of the gospel is the right version...
I could go on forever...

I wonder what would happen if we laid down our stones, and rejoice however the good news that leads to revival is proclaimed?

Do you feel the mountains tremble? 
Delirious?

Did you feel the darkness tremble
When all the saints join in one song
And all the streams flow as one river
To wash away our brokeness.

Open up the doors and let the music play
Let the streets resound with singing
Songs that bring your hope
Songs that bring your joy
Dancers who dance upon injustice.

Philippians Chapter 1 NLT
(Philippians 2 pretty well describes our should be attitude.)

Paul's thoughts on the matter.
I pray that your love will overflow more and more,
and
that you will keep on growing in knowledge and understanding.

For I want you to understand what really matters,
so that
you may live pure and blameless lives until the day of Christ’s return.

May you always be filled with the fruit of your salvation—the righteous character produced in your life by Jesus Christ—for this will bring much glory and praise to God.

It’s true that some are preaching out of jealousy
and rivalry.
But others
preach about Christ with pure motives.

They preach because they love me, for they know I have been appointed to defend the Good News.

Those others
do not have pure motives as they preach about Christ.
They preach with selfish ambition, not sincerely, intending to make my chains more painful to me.

But that doesn’t matter.
Whether their motives are false or genuine,
the message about Christ is being preached either way,
so I rejoice.
And I will continue to rejoice.

I wonder what Jesus thinks?
I think I'll take Paul's advice and rejoice and continue to rejoice.

No comments: